What's New on Ruhaniat.org, April 2013
A NEW YOUTH SECTION is now part of our web site! Our awesome youth council and our web committee have created a new, distinctive sub-site for Ruhaniat youth activities. The scope is international and the content is created by our up-and-coming leaders. Quoting from the site, "The Ruhaniat youth community is a vibrant, loosely-networked group of open hearted young adults and teenagers invested in the realization of love, harmony and beauty in our lives and in the world family. A Sufi’s house of worship is the human heart, wherein dwells the Divine Beloved. We hold a Universalist world view based on the teachings of Hazrat Inayat Khan and Murshid Samuel Lewis, seeing and honoring the truth in all religions and spiritual traditions, known and unknown." From the Ruhaniat.org, click the 'Sufi Ruhaniat Youth' button near the top of the left sidebar -- or go to SufiYouth.com.
UPDATE ON THE SOUTHWEST SUFI COMMUNITY with news of the land, the people and an upcoming retreat: Read the report from Yaqin Lance Sandleben
NEWS FROM DOORWAY INTO LIGHT: This is a project of an affiliated SRI Center, guided by Bodhi Be, Murshida Leilah and Ram Das. In response to their recent campaign to fund "Hawaii's first certified green funeral home", Murshid Wali Ali was moved to donate class proceeds to the fund, and wrote, "Doorway into Light is a deeply loving, courageous, and wise response of healing to a crying need in our world. Following your lead as trailblazers, we can find ways to practically prepare for and face our own death and the deaths of those that we care for." Visit the Center web site here, donations welcome.
This month the Ruhaniat hosts the FEDERATION OF THE SUFI MESSAGE annual gathering April 24-28 in California, with senior teachers from six international Sufi groups in the lineage of Hazrat Inayat Khan presenting. Open to all devotees of the Message. Info & registration here.
The 2013 RUHANIAT EUROPE SUMMER SCHOOL, "Cultivating Inner Spaciousness: Centering in Serenity" June 29-July 6. Visit the web site. Recordings of past Summer Schools in English und auf Deutsch are also available online here
PILGRIMAGE TO INDIA FOR THE URS, FEBRUARY 2014: Once again the Ruhaniat has been invited to host the Urs celebration of Hazrat Inayat Khan at his dargah (tomb) in New Delhi. An international group will be joining Pir Shabda, Murshida Leilah, Murshid Abraham and Murshida Halima for this joyous event, Jan 31 - Feb 9. Throughout the program there will be morning raga classes and Sufi teachings, with Dances of Universal Peace and zikr. We will host and participate in the 3 days of Urs activities, including Indian music performances, Qawwali music, the Urs day, and presentations by Sufi leaders and local Sufi Pirs. We will have the blessing of receiving teachings from the 12th Tai Situpa Rinpoche, and there will be group outings to numerous important shrines and holy places. Ruhaniat.org/india2014
ONLINE SUFI CLASS opportunities for 2013: Participate at home or form a group with local friends on the path: for information and registration visit Pir Shabda's website and also Wali Ali's web pages.
You can find many more Spring and Summer Sufi Camps and Retreats on the Ruhaniat Calendar -- just click on 'Calendar' in the menu bar (above). Plan now to attend, to nourish your practice and be in spiritual community this year.
Hazrat Inayat Khan said "You cannot collect flowers without a basket. So is the organization for the ideal.” Read Basira Beardsworth's eloquent and timely letter about appreciation and support for our organization, Sufi Ruhaniat International.
More News of the Ruhaniat
- You can now order the feature-rich iPad/ iPhone version of Physicians of the Heart from iTunes -- just go to 'iTunes Store' on your device and do a search for the title. You will enjoy the built in cross-referencing and the multimedia integration. Less flashy but functional and convenient e-reader versions are available for Kindle, Nook and Kobo. Check it out -- now you can take it with you!
- Many of our SRI family and friends (and even celebrities!) read the inspiring Bowl of Saki Commentary for each day on our web site. But for our sisters and brothers in the European or Asian time zones, it's usually posted a day late! Now, by request, each day we are making available two Bowl of Saki entries, with a handy link on the pages so you can read the aphorism and commentary for the day -- wherever you are.
- The newly edited and and beautifully reprinted book, The Bowl of Saki Commentary, will be available soon from Ruhaniat Publications at the Self and Soul Center, where a wide variety of Sufi books can also be obtained.
- On Murshid Wali Ali's web site our excellent colleague Ali Charles has posted a collection of videos from some of Wali Ali's 2012 teaching sessions. You can not only hear readings and teachings from Wali Ali and his teacher, Murshid SAM, but also experience the example of some of the Walks and Spins -- and, if you choose, see if you can 'catch' the energy and feeling by doing them yourself.
- You can receive occasional email updates for 'What's New on Ruhaniat.org' by subscribing here. These emails are sent about once a month.